If you still haven’t heard about the IELTS, it is one of the most popular proficiency tests in English on an international level. If your next aim is to go for a Master’s degree in English, you might want to score high in this test. IELTS is an acronym for the International English Language Testing System. Statistics have shown that this test is available for interested people in over 130 countries, including 1100 locations. Each year there are 48 test dates set for this exam in all these locations.
However, you might still be wondering about the ways in which you can score well in IELTS. Here are five tips that might help you achieve that end:
- You have to start early at any cost, and persistence is the key, with regular monitoring of your progress.
- Listening, Writing, Reading, and Speaking – You have to practice all these four aspects of the language thoroughly.
- Enriching your vocabulary is one of the most important things that you have to do. Try to learn at least 8-10 new words every day from various subject areas.
- Choose specialized areas of study and practice reading long texts related to these.
- The final step you must follow without fail is listening to English news and watching various documentaries in English to hone your listening and comprehension skills.
Apart from these, when you feel that you have mastered the language well enough, consider taking an IELTS course or work with an IELTS tutor. Scoring well in IELTS may be difficult, but it is definitely possible, and systematic preparation can make your path easier towards scoring an 8 or above.