Learning Licence in Goa
The ability to drive a motor-vehicle or a motorcycle has become one of the most basic of skill that one should know to function in today’s world. Learning to drive is one of the most important things that you can do early on in your life and to learn how to drive before you have turned 18, you need a learner’s licence.
Different types of Driving Licence in India
There are a number of different types of driving licences issued in India for both personal and commercial use. These licences are issued by the RTO in their respective states. These licences are:
- Motorcycles with engine capacity less than 50cc
- Motorcycles without gear, including scooters
- Light Motor Vehicles
- Motorcycles with engine capacity greater than 50cc and with gear
- Medium Goods Vehicles
- Light Motor Vehicles (Used for commercial transport)
- Heavy Motor Vehicles
- Heavy Goods Motor Vehicles
- Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicles
- Heavy Transport Vehicles
What is the Eligibility Criteria To Avail Driving Licence in Goa?
Goa RTO has set up eligibility criteria for issuing driving licence in Goa. Every person is required to hold a driving licence of the category of which he intends to drive a vehicle.
- Person who has completed 18 years of age can apply for a motorcycle and Light Motor Vehicles licence.
- Person who has completed 20 years of age can apply for a commercial licence to drive Light Transport Vehicles.
- Person who has completed 16 years of age but not 18 can apply for a learner’s licence for motorcycles with engine capacity up to 50cc.
- Person must be physically and mentally fit and have knowledge about the traffic rules in the country.
How to apply for Driving Licence in Goa?
Becoming a Sarathi and applying for a driving licence in Goa is easy and you need to follow only a couple of steps to get your driving licence. The procedure is fairly simple and one can apply both online or offline as per one’s convenience. In case of offline application, one has to submit the required documents to the Goa RTO. One can also apply for learner’s licence via the same procedures, with the only added requirement being above 16 years of age. The person can then apply for a permanent driving licence after he/she turns 18 and become a Sarathi.
Procedure to apply for driving licence in Goa
The procedure for applying for driving licence or a learner’s licence in Goa is fairly simple and straightforward. One can either apply online or offline to the Goa RTO and follow the regulations and rules provided by the Goa RTO. The procedures are to followed earnestly for a fast issuance of driving/learner’s licence and becoming a Sarathi.
Here is the procedure for applying for a Driving/Learner’s licence in person:
- Download and fill application forms number 1, 1A and 2 from the official Government of Goa website.
- Attach all the documents that are listed under the required documents section.
- One can also collect the relevant application forms from the Goa RTO office.
- Submit the application along with the required documents in the RTO office and pay the applicable fees.
- In case of both a driving and a learner’s licence, the applicant must give a driving test which would also test his/her knowledge of traffic rules.
Here is the procedure for applying for a Driving/Learner’s licence online:
- Open the official Government of Goa website and apply for the relevant licence at https://www.goa.gov.in/citizen/how-do-i/driving-licence/
- Fill the form as per the instructions provided and take a printout.
- Upload the required documents as per mentioned in the form.
- After completing the application form submit the form and pay the required fees.
- You can take a printout of the filled application form.
- Book your slot for the driving test and processing of the driving/learner’s licence as per your convenience.
What are the documents required to apply for driving licence in Goa?
To become a Sarathi is Goa you have to submit the following documents:
- Proof of age
- Proof of residence
- Declaration of physical fitness
- Medical certificate
- Three recent passport size photographs
- Aadhaar card (As a proof of residence and age)
- How to apply for learning driving licence in Goa?
- You can apply online via https://www.goa.gov.in/citizen/how-do-i/driving-licence/
- You can apply offline by visiting the Goa RTO office and become a Sarathi.
- How to renew driving licence in Goa?
- You can apply for the renewal of driving licence by filling form 9.
- Submit form 9 along with form 1 and 1A, old driving-licence and a fee of INR 200.
- How to check driving licence number?
- The driving-licence number is printed on both side of your driving-licence.
- How to apply for duplicate driving licence in Goa?
- If the driving-licence is stolen, copy of the FIR along with the details of Driving Licence.
- If the driving-licence is damaged, original driving-licence is to be produced.
- LLD application form is to be filled to get your duplicate driving-licence.
- How to check the status of driving licence in Goa?
- To check the status of driving-licence in Goa, go to the Government of Goa state transportation authority website or to Saarthi website and follow the relevant links.
- Enter your application number to check the status of your driving-licence.
Read more: Driving licence and City Information