Every regional RTO was set up to enact the Motor Vehicle’s law inked in 1988. They take part in controlling the pollution that emanates from the vehicles. Each regional RTO helps to maintain an effective traffic system. Mohali RTO is another such regional RTO that does all these duties and collects revenue along with it. In short, it is one of the most effective RTOs in Punjab.
Functions of Mohali Regional Transport Department (R.T.O)
Every regional RTO has many functions to do. Mohal RTO is no less. Let us find out the functions it performs.
- Driving Licence
Everyone wishes to have a valid Driving Licence so that drive legally on the road. If you wish the same and staying in Mohali, you can apply for the same at Mohali RTO. You can also get an International Driving Licence. The RTO renews all these licences regularly. It updates the list of vehicles in the area.
- Conductor’s Licence
If you do not have a Conductor’s Driving Licence and wish to get it, you can apply at Mohali RTO.
- Registration of Motor Vehicle
Your newly bought vehicle needs registration. If you are from Mohali, you have to get your vehicle registered with Mohali RTO. Here you can get the RC book of your vehicle. You can get your details about address or ownership on the RC book changed at this RTO.
It is not that complex to get a NOC or No Objection Certificate for your vehicle. You will receive the NOC, permit or Fitness certificate from Mohali RTO when you apply.
- Online Permits Application and Objection System for Vehicles
At Mohali RTO, when you need a permit you can apply for it online. This facility is available for filing grievances. Mohali RTO keeps on checking your vehicle at the check posts and continue collecting revenues.
Mohali RTO Codes
Contact Details of Mohali RTO
RTO Office Code: PB-65
Address for Communication:
Sector 76, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Punjab 140308
Phone no: 91-172-5044506
FAQs Mohali RTO
- What are the documents required to register a vehicle in Mohali?
One must submit documents that are required for the process. The list is given below.
- Form 20
• Sale certificate (Form 21)
• Form 22(roadworthiness certificate
- Age and address proof
• Passport photographs
• Vehicle insurance certificate
• Invoice for each imported vehicle
• Form 22(A) (For not built body type)
• Form 34 (For loan or hypothecation)
- What are the different types of vehicle registration in Mohali?
A number of registrations take place at Mohali RTO. Let us look at the list
- New registration (For vehicles sold and bought in Punjab)
- Form FT and Form 27 (For vehicles purchased outside Punjab). You must provide also the imprint of the chassis.
- Form 28 along plus Form 33 or Form 29 when you need a change of details regarding ownership or the address.
- How can I get a personalized number for my vehicle in Mohali?
Many would like to get a vehicle with a lucky number. The process is easy to follow.
- Take TR sticker
- Submit Invoice of Sales
- Submit roadworthiness certificate
- Submit driving licence
- Submit POC.
- Bid for a fancy or personalized number.
- Make payment
- How can I apply for transfer of ownership of a vehicle online in Mohali?
Form 33 which can be found on the website of Mohali RTO has to be filled up for this process.
- What are the documents required for the RC Book address change in Mohali?
There are a number of forms that one must fill up for this process. One is Form 29. It must accompany with Form 30 or Form 33.
- What are the documents required for transfer of ownership of a vehicle from another state to Mohali?
The process includes following the documents mentioned here
- Form FT
• Form 27
• Chassis print
• RC Book
• Insurance certificate
• PUC certificate
• Address proof7. How can I get insurance for my vehicle in Mohali?
You must get your vehicle insured. At least third-party insurance will do. They cover third-party liability which they cover damages caused to the third party. They also cover damage caused to the insured vehicle. What else do you want? Get it done either online or offline. It is mandatory for driving legally.
- How to apply for a duplicate RC Book in Mohali?
Do not worry to get a duplicate RC book. Just follow the process
- File FIR
- Fill up form 26 (online or offline)
- Include other documents
- Get vehicle inspected.
- How to renew registration certificate (RC) of the vehicle in Mohali after 15 years?
Renewing RC book is will be easier with these steps given below
- Fill Form 26
- Get vehicle inspected
- Make payment
- Take Acknowledgement Slip
- Collect RC book
- What is the procedure of vehicle registration in Mohali RTO?
One must submit documents
- Form 20
- Inspection certificate
- Other relevant paper
Document verification will take place. Then you will get the RC number via SMS or mail. The original RC book will come via post.
Read More: RTO state and city Information
List of Some Sarathi Parivahan RTO Cities
- RTO Aligarh UP
- RTO Amravati MH
- RTO Bharuch GJ
- RTO Bhiwani MH
- RTO Cuttack OD
- RTO Dehradun UK
- RTO Gandhinagar GJ
- RTO Ghaziabad UP
- RTO Jalandhar PB
- RTO Jamnagar GJ
- RTO Khanna PB
- RTO Navsari GJ
- RTO Nellore AP
- RTO Noida UP
- RTO Patiala PB
- RTO Ranga Reddy TS
- RTO Sabarkantha GJ
- RTO Sanga Reddy TS
- RTO Satara MH
- RTO Solapur MH
- RTO Sonipat HR
- RTO Vasai Virar MH
- RTO Wadala MH
- RTO Yamuna Nagar HR