There isn’t a “best” dofollow/nofollow ratio in SEO. Focusing solely on this ratio isn’t the best approach for building a natural and healthy backlink profile. Instead, prioritize acquiring high-quality, relevant backlinks from diverse sources with a natural distribution of dofollow and nofollow attributes.
Here’s why relying on a specific percentage isn’t effective
- Search Engines Focus on Quality, Not Ratios: Search engines like Google prioritize the quality and relevance of backlinks, not their dofollow/nofollow status. A website with high-quality backlinks from reputable websites, even if they are mostly nofollow, signals trust and authority.
- Unnatural Distribution Raises Red Flags: A website with an unnatural ratio of dofollow to nofollow links can look suspicious to search engines. Instead of aiming for a specific ratio, strive for a natural distribution that reflects how people typically discover websites through various sources.
- Value and Relevance Matter More: Building high-quality links from websites relevant to your niche and offering valuable content will contribute more to your SEO success than focusing solely on the ratio.
Here are some key points to remember
- Focus on Natural Acquisition: Backlinks should be earned organically through valuable content, outreach, and engagement.
- Diverse Link Profile: Acquire links from various sources, including industry websites, blogs, directories, and social media.
- Prioritize Quality: Quality trumps quantity. A few high-quality backlinks are more valuable than many low-quality ones.
- Balance Dofollow and Nofollow: Both types of links have their roles. Don’t obsess over the ratio.
Strategies for Building Strong Backlinks
- Create High-Quality content: Share valuable information, insights, and resources that people want to link to naturally.
- Guest Blogging: Contribute guest articles to relevant websites in your niche.
Build relationships: Network with other website owners and industry professionals to promote content and develop backlink opportunities.
- Earn Links from Directories and Local Listings: Submit your website to relevant directories and local listings to gain visibility and backlinks.
- Participate in Online Communities: Engage in forums and communities related to your niche, providing helpful information and establishing your expertise, which can lead to organic backlinks.
Remember, building a strong backlink profile takes time and consistent effort. Don’t get caught up in the quest for a specific dofollow/nofollow ratio. Focus on acquiring high-quality, relevant links from diverse sources, and let the natural distribution develop over time.