We have often found ourselves in situations where we have mistakenly sent a message to someone instead of the actual recipient. Thereafter, we have obviously found ourselves in a lot of trouble. Whatsapp, the popular messenger app, now owned by Facebook, had found the perfect solution to the problem a while back. They added a unique feature in their app to address the problem. By using this feature, a user will be able to recall a message mistakenly sent by him/her to a single recipient or a group within an hour.
This feature is available in Whatsapp on all the platforms – be it Android or Windows. The feature also comes with some caveats. For example, once a message is deleted, the recipient will get to know that by a message saying, “This message was deleted.” This message is what replaces your original message once you have deleted it.
However, if you are still wondering how to see deleted messages on WhatsApp, several ways can be used as a work-around of the feature.
Can I get back Deleted messages on Whatsapp?
Take a look at the following methods if you have accidentally deleted a message and are now caught in a mess:
Whatsapp has a rather useful feature that takes a backup of all your chats every day at 2 a.m. by default. You can make use of this feature to read a chat that you may have accidentally deleted. You can also alter the frequency of this update, varying form daily, weekly, or monthly. The most recommended frequency of taking backup is, however, on a daily basis. This way you can recover the chat and read already deleted Whatsapp messages before the next backup starts and.
Here are the steps that you have to follow to restore deleted chats:
- If you are using a device that runs on the Android platform, you have to uninstall Whatsapp first. After that, install it again from the Google Play Store following usual procedures.
- In the next step, agree to the terms and conditions. Enter your mobile including the country code
- Next, it will prompt you to restore chats from your backup. If you select restore as an option, it will restore all your chats.
2. Third-Party Apps
There are also third-party apps, which you may use to read deleted messages in Whatsapp. In fact, in present times, there are several apps available on the Google Play Store.
- These will enable you to recover such messages in Whatsapp, which you have intentionally or unintentionally deleted. The function of these apps is to maintain a log of all the notifications stored in the notification register of your Android system.
- But the major issue of using these apps concerns the topic of your security. You have to understand that giving access to all your system notifications to a third-party app is ideally not a good idea according to the security viewpoint.
- There is another limitation to using these apps. They can only work with notifications with which there has been some interaction on your part. Here, the word interaction refers to any action that you might have taken on the notification in the floating message or the notification bar. Take for example, swiping it.
- There is another final problem with this method. If you have already restarted your phone after the deletion happened, it will clear off all your notifications logs from the Android system. After this, even if you use third-party apps, there will be no way of retrieving the deleted messages.
Whatever way out you may use to recover and read already deleted Whatsapp messages, always remember that this should only be the last option. The first and foremost thing you should remember is that you should always think before you press that send button.
Also, remember that the recipient also has that buffer seven minutes, and that is enough. He can easily turn off the internet and stop you from deleting the messages you might have mistakenly sent. Also, if the person is not using the version of Whatsapp, which does not support deleting messages, then too consider yourself doomed. So remember to think and then act.